The DJI Air 2S is a small folding drone with a premium 1-inch sensor camera, 5.4K video, and a number of automated flight and safety features, making it a pro-minded alternative to the more affordable Mavic Air 2.
- 1-inch sensor camera
- Video at up to 5.4K quality
- Robust safety features
- Obstacle detection and avoidance
- Automated camera shots
- HDR, Log, and Standard video profiles
- Air Sense transponder
- Half-hour flight time
- Doesn’t offer in-camera filtered looks
- 8GB internal storage isn’t much
- Remote doesn’t include EV control wheel
- App-based editing limited to 1080p output
- HDR HLG workflow for pros only
- Raw images don’t transfer to smartphones and tablets automatically
Why We Picked It
The DJI Air 2S has a camera with an oversized Type 1 (also called 1-inch) sensor for much better 20MP stills than you can get from the DJI Mini series drones. It supports 5.4K30 and 4K60 video with HDR, flat, or standard profiles, plus it can snap photos in Raw or JPG format. DJI’s strong safety features are here too, including GPS location, obstacle sensors, ADS-B to warn you of nearby manned aircraft, and a 30-minute battery.
Big World, Big Sensor
- Equipped with a 1-inch image sensor and large 2.4μm pixels, DJI Air 2S is capable of 5.4K/30fps and 4K/60fps video. Capture any moment with the rich clarity and authentic color tones it deserves for results that amaze.
Turn On the Night
- Capture the allure of the world, even as it darkens. Thanks to a high dynamic range, high resolution, and accurate color reproduction, even low-light scenes are sharp and vibrant.
One Billion Colors
- Fully immerse yourself in all the hues of your environment. The 10-bit log-M color profile can record up to one billion colors while retaining all the little details that make footage pop.
- RAW format photos with a dynamic range of up to 12.6 stops capture more visual information in every scene, even when lighting conditions are bad or complex. This provides more flexibility in post-processing, giving creators more possibilities to get the look they want.
- Intelligent HDR
- Intelligent HDR technology merges multiple shots automatically, increasing the dynamic range of images without the need for post-processing. That means more nuanced details in both the highlights and shadows for richer images with greater depth.
- Hyper lapse and Panorama
Speed up time and movement with a single tap by creating a striking hyper lapse. You can also capture larger, more detailed shots of your surroundings with panorama.
- Introducing Master Shots
Master Shots gives users the best shots in any location with just a tap. Simply select your subject, and the drone will film while executing ten different maneuvers in sequence, keeping your subject center-frame and generating a short cinematic video afterward.
- The Center of Attention
Focus Track features Spotlight 2.0, Active Track 4.0, and Point of Interest 3.0, making it a breeze for DJI Air 2S to follow or circle your subject.
- Worry Less, Discover More
The combination of portability, safety, and autonomous technology means you can spend more time enjoying flights and less time worrying about them. Take DJI Air 2S into the sky confidently, every flight.
- Environment Sensing
DJI Air 2S has the ability to perceive its environment in four directions: up, down, forward, and backward. The algorithms for APAS 4.0 have been further improved, allowing DJI Air 2S to actively avoid obstacles in more complex scenarios and at high speeds.
- O3 Transmission
DJI Air 2S features DJI’s most advanced O3 (Ocu Sync 3.0) image transmission technology, delivering an ultra-smooth, clear, and reliable image feed every time you fly.
- Safer Skies with ADS-B
DJI Air 2S provides an added layer of airspace safety with the built-in Air Sense system. This receives ADS-B flight location information from airplanes and helicopters in your area that transmit ADS-B signals, and warns you through the DJI Fly app.
- Accessories Compatibility
DJI Air 2S is compatbile with DJI Smart Controller, ND 4/8/16/32 and ND 64/128/256/512 filters. Not compatible with DJI FPV Goggles V2 or Motion Controller.
- Fly Responsibly:
The following website may help you make informed decisions about flying your drone: KnowBeforeYouFly.org. Additional state or local requirements may apply. Check your local jurisdiction.